Having Internet access at home or in the business has become so essential that more and more people are looking for ways to get it. Some cases are for work reasons and others academic, the truth is that in both cases this type of connection is required to obtain more information in a faster way. Of all the providers that exist, one of the ones that is attracting the most attention is the Triple Play Claro because it offers a fairly high speed navigation, a reliable service, safe and very agile.
However, the list is very extensive, so to make a decision is necessary to spend some time to learn more about what they offer, quality in terms of care, speed navigation, among other aspects. To make this task easier for you, we have prepared this guide with content that will be very useful.
Types of Internet connections
To access the Internet, these are the connections that exist:
- Telephone lines. They are those that work through the telephone line, which subdivides the signal through the use of an adapter.
- Power lines. They are those that use PLC, that is, Power Line Communications. On its operation, it uses the communications of the mobile devices to be able to offer Internet access.
- Cable. The cable or fiber optic connection is one of the fastest, it can also transmit information across a whole country and are usually less expensive. However, download and upload speeds depend on the level of service you have, as well as additional traffic on the network.
- Satellite. This type of satellite connection is used to reduce the congestion that can occur with terrestrial networks. The way it works is said to be a hybrid because the system links the satellite signal and the telephone signal.
- Wireless networks. They are those that replace the cable connection to transmit information. One of the most commonly used methods is the LMDS, which stands for Local Multipoint Distribution System and is composed of high frequency radio waves.
What to look out for when choosing your Internet provider
With this information in mind, here are the things to look out for when choosing the best Internet service:
The way they take care of their customers is the first thing you should pay attention to, especially because you will know how long it will take them to answer you and even how they deal with massive failures. In order to know the efficiency or response times, you can check their social networks, so you will know the opinion that other users have about those companies.
Cost and benefits
Secondly, before signing or accepting the contract you have to check what the cost is, how long it lasts, the deadlines they give, if you have to pay additionally the visit of technicians or if it is included in the service, among other aspects. Similarly, ask if you must have a specific type of equipment or if they will deliver it to you.
There are more and more cases in which the information that people handle about their customers is affected by cyber attacks, so you can not omit security at any time. To do this, you must ensure that all your data is protected and that the company has all the tools to prevent possible attacks in the future.
At this point you must validate aspects such as the type of connection that exists in the area where you live, what is the speed that the provider is offering, what is the download limit, among other specifications. This way, you can be sure that you are selecting the best service for you and the people who live with you.
This issue could not be left out because it is precisely what will make you have more confidence in the service they offer. To get references you can ask your neighbors what they think about the company, if it is reliable or not. It will also be very useful to look for information about them on the Internet.
Why do you want it?
Last but not least, the big question you need to answer is why you want or need it. Many people usually choose it because it is useful for their work. In fact, telecommuting is a field that is growing precisely thanks to the Internet.
At this point, you can also think about what tools you are going to need. There are many, but those are the most common ones: email, software to download and edit images and videos. Also, remember that you have to be clear about how many people will use the service and the number of devices that will be connected.