I think most young people today know what the famous video game Fortnite is about, as we also know that it is an online game, and that online games need a server to work properly. Servers are necessary to be able to connect with players from other places in the world, so they can play together without any problem.
That is why it is of great importance to talk about Fortnite servers, as it is practically the basis of this game and others that are online games. In this article we will tell you everything you need to know about Fortnite servers, so you can play this great video game with other players around the world without any inconvenience.
What are the servers in Fortnite?
Epic Games offers Fortnite users multiple server options to minimise crashes in the game. Fortnite servers are like storage rooms for users or players, meaning that depending on the server you have, you may find yourself with a group of players from the region where the server is located.
What are Fortnite servers for?
Fortnite servers are used to play online with people around the world, plus we choose a server near the country where we are could improve the latency of the game. That is, the game executes the movements faster when we press the button to perform an action, until the time to finish it.
Where are the Fortnite servers located?
Currently Fortnite servers are located in the following regions:
- North America- East and West.
- Middle East
Common issues that can cause Fortnite servers to stop working
Usually the failure of connections in Fortnite is generated by over-demand, hacker attack on the servers and connection failure by the settings. They can be solved sometimes by checking the console connection. Here’s how to do it for some of these.
Fortnite server status on Xbox 360:
- First you need to press the Xbox button.
- Select the “Settings” option.
- Go directly to the “General” tab and then go to “Network Settings”.
- Once there, look for Test Network Speed and Statistics and select it.
Fortnite server status on PS4 and PS5:
- Go to the main menu at the top and select “Settings.”
- Search for Network.
- Then go to “View connection status”.
- And then just hit “Test Internet Connection”.
Wr recommend for Fortnite server on PC:
- Head to the “main menu” and go to “Settings”.
- Then you select “Network” and then “View connection status”.
- And then just hit “Test connection to “Internet”.
In case it doesn’t solve the problem you can choose to change the server of the game, below we explain it to you.
How to change Fortnite servers?
Change server in Fortnite for PS4:
- You have to start Fortnite normally, but you press the “Controller Options” button.
- Then you need to select on “Settings” which is on the right side.
To then press the “X” button on the controller when you’re there.
- Once it loads you can select with the arrow keys the region that is closest to your country.
Change server in Fortnite for PC:
- First you must click on the icon with three horizontal lines in the upper right corner.
- Then go to “Settings” and click on the gear icon to open the “Game” tab.
- Under “Region” and then locate the “Matching Region”.
- Now just click on the arrows until you get to the region you want. Note that the lower the ping, the faster the connection will be.
- Then click “Apply”.